Carrying Her Heart

I am dedicating this site to my beloved daughter Rachel whose earthly life ended on Sept. 17,2009.This is just a glimpse of the path I walk through this journey of grief.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tears of glass

This week has brought me very high, and very low. There were too many phone calls for "Rachel"..one from a university advisor.Please take her name of the list...please. It was either in the mail, on the phone, or in the store. Constant reminders of what won't be.
There were breath taking moments this week too. I swear I smelled her ...so clearly..and I wasn't even thinking about her.I was just walking through the house..and walked into a wall of her.

I wrote this song/poem. It's a little darker than usual, but it is real.(I repeat...it is just a song) I don't cry as much as I used to. I guess I should say for as long as I used to. I still cry..sometimes every day..just for not as long. I cried so much I started to hate the way it felt on my face.



Tears of glass cut through my pain.
They're falling on my face like rain.
I'd said goodbye to you before
I didn't know there would be no more

I keep on looking through the glass.
But I cant stop thinking about the past.
The deepest cuts are from regret
And answers I will never get.

Shattered tears made out of glass.
Tiny slivers of the past.
They cut the pain of losing you;
But not the love I hope you knew.



The cuts will heal, but not my heart;
Its broken in too many parts.
Silent screams can shatter glass
Into broken pieces of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment